Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
I got this recipe from my brother when he was a cook in a local restaurant.
- 1 gallon water (16 cups)
- 1 cup chicken base (or broth from chicken or turkey carcass)
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 2 teaspoons white pepper
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 cup celery (chopped)
- 1 cup carrot (diced)
- 1 cup onion (chopped)
- 3 cups pasta
- 1 lb cooked chicken (diced)
- Add spices and vegetables to broth.
- Bring to a boil and keep boiling until vegetables are tender.
- Can also be canned and put in the fridge for later consumption.
Delicious and yummm was all DH could say today at lunch. I did cut this recipe down, used home made chicken broth and added a few mushrooms that need to be used up along with some minced garlic (we love garlic) and we had a warm and comforting bowl of soup to take with us to the beach for lunch. Going into my Favorites of 2012 and will be made often. Thank you for posting. Made for Fall Pick a Chef 2012.
This is a really good soup. The only thing I would change the next time that I make it would be to add some salt and pepper for some additional flavouring. I used Rescued Turkey Stock Rescued Turkey Stock for the broth and I served it with Rosemary Satin dinner rolls. Thanks for sharing this recipe! :)