I got this recipe from Cook's Country and I constantly get requests to make it. It's packed full of flavor. The white BBQ sauce makes this salad--just look at the ingredients! You'll want to be sure to mince where it says mince and don't leave anything out. All of the flavors together are outstanding. It's also very pretty.
- 1 lb corkscrew macaroni
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2 cups shredded grilled chicken
- 1⁄2 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small red onion, minced
- 1 jalapeno chile, seeded and minced (important ingredient)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
white barbecue sauce (use 3/4 cup)
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- bring 4 quarts water to boil in large pot. Add 1 tablespoon salt and pasta and cook until nearly tender, about 8 minutes. Add corn and cook 1 minute more. Reserve 1/4 cup cooking water, then drain pasta and corn. Transfer to bowl and refrigerate until completely cooled.
- Stir in chicken, beans. bell peppers, red onion, jalepeno, cilantro, lime juice, and sauce. Add reserved pasta water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until sauce is loose. Season with salt and pepper to taste.