Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
From American Diabetes Assn. A refreshing and beautiful dish that is easy to prepare. Posted for safe-keeping.
- 5 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 8 ounces penne pasta, uncooked
- 12 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
- 4 roma tomatoes, ripe, diced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley
- 6 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, cubed
- In a small bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients; set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt. Drain pasta and run under cold water until pasta is cooled. In large bowl, toss cooled pasta with remaining salad ingredients.
- Drizzle dressing over salad and toss well to coat.
I'm giving this 5 stars because it is so refreshing and delicious!...but once I put the dressing on it was no longer beautiful...I would suggest using white balsamic vinegar...it didn't say which kind and because I never used the white before I didn't have it...this is easy to prepare and makes a nice afternoon lunch on a hot busy day...thanks for posting it...Made for Spring 2014 PAC =)