Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Ready, Set, Cook! Hidden Valley Contest Entry. I make chicken salads every which way to please family, friends and the likes. Some like it with this or that... so I make this one using Hidden Valley Original Ranch Seasoning Mix and other nice items from a limited shopping list and here it is.... one delicious easy dish that will be satisfying over and over and that anyone can toss together.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, strips about 10 pieces
- 5 cups water
- 8 ounces dried shell pasta
- 3⁄4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 (1 ounce) packet Hidden Valley Original Ranch Seasoning Mix
- 1⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 fresh lemon, juice and zest of
- 4 chives, divided, dice two and use 2 for plating
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 3 narrow fresh carrots, sliced ultra thin
- 1⁄4 cup fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 stalks tender fresh celery & leaves, finely chopped
- 2 medium shallots, finely minced
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) jarof quartered marinated artichoke hearts, reserving 2 Tablespoons of juice from jar
- 1 (4 ounce) jar pimientos, diced
- 6 -8 sprigs fresh flat leaf parsley, snips from several stem, s for garnish
- 12 grape tomatoes, for garnish (optional)
- 6 -8 leaves red cabbage, for plating (optional)
- Cook the chicken breast pieces in the water in a large pot over high heat until done (170 degrees). Remove the chicken pieces to plate and cover with plastic wrap; set aside.
- Pour the dried pasta in to the same boiling water and cook until tender, about 6 minutes. Drain in a colander; set aside.
- Place the Greek yogurt, the Hidden Valley Original Ranch Seasoning Mix, the reserved marinating juice from the artichoke hearts, Parmesan cheese, the zest and juice of the lemon, white pepper, curry and cayenne powders in a small sized bowl and whisk until well blended and smooth.
- Add in the 2 diced chives, carrots, celery, parsley, shallots and pimento and gently stir. Pour this mixture over the cooked pasta in a larger bowl and add the cooked chicken breast pieces that have been diced into small cubes. Mix until all is evenly coated.
- To serve, plate a serving of the pasta mixture and garnish with (optional) parsley, several grape tomatoes, 1 purple cabbage leaf, chives pieces and several quarters of artichoke hearts.
Lovin' this Nancy!
Oh my, love pasta salad and this one is amazing!