Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I could eat a gallon of this at least once a week! What a delicious change from the ordinary chicken pasta salad. From Gourmet Magazine, July 1990.
- 1⁄4 lb rotelle pasta or 1⁄4 lb other spiral-shaped pasta, cooked and drained
- 3⁄4 lb cooked chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 5 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 scallions, sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh basil leaf
For the dressing
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon curry powder
- dried red pepper flakes, to taste
- 2 tablespoons mango chutney (or to taste)
- In a large bowl combine the pasta, chicken, tomatoes, scallions, and basil. Set aside.
- In a skillet, melt the butter over low heat. Add the garlic and ginger and cook until the garlic is softened.
- Add the cream and cook the mixture, whisking until slightly thickened.
- Whisk in the vinegar, curry powder, red pepper flakes, and chutney.
- Add the dressing to the pasta mixture, tossing to combine well.
- Season with salt and pepper.
This is great without the mango chutney.
Hi there, I am not surprised that you eat a lot of this as it is very yummy I couldn't stop eating it. I followed the recipe but I would of loved a lot more of that wonderful sauce, I do like a lot of sauce when I have something like this. the balance of the flavours was spot on very very good. The change from ordinary chicken pasta is that this actually has a lovely taste, sometimes pasta salad is so bland, this was most definitely not bland. well done, it's a wonderful recipe and I know it will become one of my regulars. Made for PAC Spring 2010
Fabulous. Next time I want a little more dressing.