Recipe by Millie L.
This is a great, cool ,easy salad for lunch. You can use leftover chicken or canned. My Family enjoys it with fresh cherry or grape tomatoes and crackers. If it is not moist enough add a little more Mayonnaise. This recipe was handed down thur my husband family. I made it for my Family reunion and everyone loved it. Hope you enjoy it too.
Top Review by Chef Dudo
Have already made it twice since hubby asked for seconds the first time. (a sure thing that it must be good!) Very nice little salad. The celery gives it a crunch and it tastes fresh. Wouldn't change a thing. Be assured that it'll "have" to be made again. Thanks for posting.
- 1 cup of diced cooked chicken or 1 (5 ounce) can chicken breasts
- 2 stalks celery, chopped fine
- 2 small green onions, chopped (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup of chopped green olives
- 1 teaspoon olive juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups of uncooked elbow macaroni
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Season-All salt
- salt, to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste