Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Are you as tired of all the cream cheese and sour cream dishes as I am this holiday season? Looking for something LIGHT? Try this recipe! No cream cheese, sour cream or mayo in sight! This recipe comes from the Light & Tasty magazine. I had to post it because it is FANTASTIC! I loved it! You should try it if you need a break (like I did) and want something light! This does the trick! (I sometimes double the dressing!)
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons olive oil (divided) or 4 1⁄2 teaspoons canola oil (divided)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 medium onion, coarsley chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 3⁄4 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into cubes
- 4 cups cooked rigatoni pasta or 4 cups pasta
- 4 cups torn romaine lettuce
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 (6 ounce) can pitted black olives, drained
- In a jar with a tight fitting lid, combine the vinegar, soy sauce, 1& 1/2 tsp oil, sugar, and garlic; shake well.
- In a non-stick skillet, sauté onion, peppers and mushrooms in 1 1/2 tsp oil until vegetables are tender.
- Remove vegetables from skillet and keep warm.
- In same skillet, cook chicken in remaining 1 1/2 tsp of oil till juices run clear; drain.
- In a large bowl combine cooked pasta, romaine lettuce, oranges, olives, cooked peppers, mushrooms and onions and chicken.
- Pour dressing over all and toss well.
- Serve immediately.
Used bow tie pasta instead of tube. Got tons of accolades for this dish. Very easy to make (I mixed the pasta, oranges, olives, and dressing the night before). Thanks for sharing.