Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Are you as tired of all the cream cheese and sour cream dishes as I am this holiday season? Looking for something LIGHT? Try this recipe! No cream cheese, sour cream or mayo in sight! This recipe comes from the Light & Tasty magazine. I had to post it because it is FANTASTIC! I loved it! You should try it if you need a break (like I did) and want something light! This does the trick! (I sometimes double the dressing!)
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons olive oil (divided) or 4 1⁄2 teaspoons canola oil (divided)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 medium onion, coarsley chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 3⁄4 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into cubes
- 4 cups cooked rigatoni pasta or 4 cups pasta
- 4 cups torn romaine lettuce
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 (6 ounce) can pitted black olives, drained
- In a jar with a tight fitting lid, combine the vinegar, soy sauce, 1& 1/2 tsp oil, sugar, and garlic; shake well.
- In a non-stick skillet, sauté onion, peppers and mushrooms in 1 1/2 tsp oil until vegetables are tender.
- Remove vegetables from skillet and keep warm.
- In same skillet, cook chicken in remaining 1 1/2 tsp of oil till juices run clear; drain.
- In a large bowl combine cooked pasta, romaine lettuce, oranges, olives, cooked peppers, mushrooms and onions and chicken.
- Pour dressing over all and toss well.
- Serve immediately.