Theresa P's Note:
Are you as tired of all the cream cheese and sour cream dishes as I am this holiday season? Looking for something LIGHT? Try this recipe! No cream cheese, sour cream or mayo in sight! This recipe comes from the Light & Tasty magazine. I had to post it because it is FANTASTIC! I loved it! You should try it if you need a break (like I did) and want something light! This does the trick! (I sometimes double the dressing!)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 1/2 teaspoons olive oil (divided) or 4 1/2 teaspoons canola oil (divided)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 medium onion, coarsley chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 3/4 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into cubes
- 4 cups cooked rigatoni pasta or 4 cups pasta
- 4 cups torn romaine lettuce
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 (6 ounce) can pitted black olives, drained
- 1In a jar with a tight fitting lid, combine the vinegar, soy sauce, 1& 1/2 tsp oil, sugar, and garlic; shake well.
- 2In a non-stick skillet, sauté onion, peppers and mushrooms in 1 1/2 tsp oil until vegetables are tender.
- 3Remove vegetables from skillet and keep warm.
- 4In same skillet, cook chicken in remaining 1 1/2 tsp of oil till juices run clear; drain.
- 5In a large bowl combine cooked pasta, romaine lettuce, oranges, olives, cooked peppers, mushrooms and onions and chicken.
- 6Pour dressing over all and toss well.
- 7Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Pasta Salad
Serving Size: 1 (370 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 506.3
- Calories from Fat 113
- Total Fat 12.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 49.3 mg
- Sodium 941.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.3 g
- Sugars 16.9 g
- Protein 32.5 g