Marla in California's Note:
I believe this recipe came from a "Taste of Home" magazine. I wanted a good chicken pasta recipe to serve for a dinner at church and this filled the bill just right. It was a big hit and several ladies asked for the recipe. The recipe original recipe made enough for 25, so I scaled it down some. The Cool Whip in the dressing gave it an interesting flavor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1/2 package cooked small shell pasta
- 2 cups diced celery
- 2 cups seedless grapes (red or green)
- 5 hard-boiled eggs, diced
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple tidbits
- 1 can sliced water chestnuts (optional)
- 1In a large bowl combine all of the salad ingredients.
- 2Combine the dressing ingredients except for the cashews and whisk until smooth.
- 3Pour over salad and toss to coat.
- 4Chill at least one hour.
- 5Fold in cashews just before serving.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Pasta Salad
Serving Size: 1 (224 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 537.8
- Calories from Fat 277
- Total Fat 30.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 149.5 mg
- Sodium 593.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 17.1 g
- Protein 18.4 g