Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I believe this recipe came from a "Taste of Home" magazine. I wanted a good chicken pasta recipe to serve for a dinner at church and this filled the bill just right. It was a big hit and several ladies asked for the recipe. The recipe original recipe made enough for 25, so I scaled it down some. The Cool Whip in the dressing gave it an interesting flavor.
- 2 1⁄2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1⁄2 package cooked small shell pasta
- 2 cups diced celery
- 2 cups seedless grapes (red or green)
- 5 hard-boiled eggs, diced
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple tidbits
- 1 can sliced water chestnuts (optional)
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup Cool Whip
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cashew pieces
- In a large bowl combine all of the salad ingredients.
- Combine the dressing ingredients except for the cashews and whisk until smooth.
- Pour over salad and toss to coat.
- Chill at least one hour.
- Fold in cashews just before serving.