Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe started with ingredients I had on hand and developed from there. I have served it many times and always get rave reviews. It is a wonderful dish to take to a pot luck. Quick, easy and delish!
- 2 cups penne pasta, uncooked
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 2 cups green beans, cooked and cut in 2-inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro or 1⁄2 cup basil, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup kalamata olive, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup pepperoncini pepper, chopped
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) bottleof your favorite Italian salad dressing (I use Ken's Steak House Lite Northern Italian)
- Cook the pasta according to package directions, drain, rinse and let cool.
- While it is cooking, chop and slice other ingredients.
- Combine everything and let chill for several hours to let the flavors blend.
- It is great the next day, too.
Made this for our lunch with some soup and we took it all down to the coast. What an easy and simple salad to make and quite tasty in the bargain. I used Ken's Steak House Italian dressing that you recommend. One to keep and make again. Thank you. Made for Spring PAC 2012.