Recipe by Sarah
Fabulous light dish that's great on a hot summers night. An easy recipe to swap different ingredients around. Coriander (cilantro) instead of basil is yum! Also some crispy bacon or prosciutto goes well. Please note an Australian tablespoon is 4 teaspoons.
Top Review by Mama_Jennie
This is a refreshingly light salad. There's a lot of flavors going on in each bite. I felt like it was still missing something however. I think shredded mozarella or cheddar cheese would've really pulled all the different flavors together nicely. We had it for lunch and it was very good. I think this would be best as a side dish. Thanks for posting!
- 200 g pasta shells
- 425 g cooked chicken, chopped
- 250 g cherry tomatoes
- 1 small red capsicum
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup kalamata olive, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, shredded
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons coarse grain mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to packet directions, drain and rinse under cold water.
- Combine pasta with chicken, tomatoes, capsicum, onion, olives and basil in a large bowl.
- Make dressing - combine all ingredients in a screw top jar, shake to combine.
- Add dressing to chicken pasta and toss gently to combine all ingredients.