Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
This has become a regular at "showers" (baby, wedding etc.)
Make and share this Chicken & Pasta Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 package pasta, uncooked
- 1 1⁄2 cups buttermilk dressing
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon poppy seed
- 2 cups chicken, cooked and chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups red grapes, quartered
- 1⁄3 cup red onion, chopped
- walnuts, chopped
- Cook pasta as directed on pkg and drain well.
- In small bowl, stir together salad dressing, honey, poppy seeds, set aside.
- In large bowl, combine pasta, chicken, grapes and onion (onion is optional).
- Add dressing.
- Blend thoroughly.
- Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Cover, chill.
- Serve sprinkled with chopped walnuts.
This recipe is definitely a keeper -- we can't wait to have an excuse to make it again. I used a whole wheat rotini for the pasta, substituted non-fat plain yogurt for the buttermilk in the dressing, and used toasted pecans. We really do not like mayo - so this salad is perfect! I almost didn't add onions, but I'm glad I did -- it added a nice touch. Thanks so much for sharing this recipe with us!
Even my children under age 8 liked this one! I used Buttermilk Dressing #2019 (in which I substituted yogurt for the buttermilk). I also used pecans instead of walnuts and green grapes. A very good chicken salad--especially for those who don't like mayo!
This salad was great for a hot summer day. Because one of my children does not eat nuts, I added sliced kiwi on top of the salad instead. I also added sliced snow peas to the salad. With jell-o for desert it was the perfect summer meal.