Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
I had a box of pasta salad mix and a couple of chicken breasts and I came up with this.
- 453.59 g boneless skinless chicken breast, bite size pieces
- 236.59 ml grape tomatoes
- 219.70 g box Betty Crocker suddenly pasta salad classic
- 29.58 ml margarine
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 4.92 ml seasoning salt
- 28.39 ml Italian dressing
- 44.37 ml canola oil
- 29.58 ml water
- Cook pasta according to package directions; set aside.
- Over medium heat, melt margarine in a medium sized skillet.
- Add chicken and sprinkle with seasoning salt and pepper.
- Cooking until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
- In a medium sized bowl, add all of ingredients, mixing well.
- Chill for at least 2 hours--better if you can chill overnight.
I really liked the additions to the box salad. Made it for our lunches and it was great. Thanks for the recipe.
This is soooo good! I did subsitute the breast for tenders and cook them in real butter just because I find that chicken tenders are better in salads. I have made this a couple of times and even my two year old loves it. I don't use the entire seasoning packet that comes with the salad mix due to high sodium and I substitute the oil with olive oil. Thanks for sharing!