1/2 Photos of Chicken Pasta Primavera for Weekdays
A quick non-creamy weeknight primavera using cooked chicken. Found in California Sizzles. Notes: A 14.5 ounce can of peeled Roma tomatoes equals 4-5 fresh tomatoes; drain before adding. The whole canned tomatoes tend to be higher quality than those used for cut up varieties, but Progresso, Muir Glen, and Contadina are highly rated brands. If using frozen broccoli (if you don't live in California!), please thaw prior to adding. A one-pound bunch of fresh broccoli will yield 4 cups of florets. Made 6/16/12: used florets from 1 crown of broccoli, Fire-roasted tomatoes (drained), pulled meat from 1/2 rotisserie chicken. This was mild - family friendly. We will make again using Rotel, or serve with red pepper flakes or Mrs. Dash Fiesta Lime seasoning. Used tri-colored garden rotini, but would look better on angel hair. My fresh broccoli only needed 7 minutes before adding chicken. Because I used rotisserie chicken and canned tomatoes, I did not add additional salt.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup broccoli floret
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and cut into julienne strips
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cut into bite-size pieces
- salt, to taste
- 3 tomatoes, diced
- 1 lb pasta, cooked to package directions
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- 2Heat oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium heat. Add broccoli, onion, garlic and carrot. Stir frequently, until broccoli is crisp, yet tender, about 10 minutes.
- 3Stir in chicken, salt and tomatoes. Heat for 3 minutes or until chicken is hot.
- 4Spoon chicken mixture over drained pasta. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and parsley.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Pasta Primavera for Weekdays
Serving Size: 1 (358 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 751.8
- Calories from Fat 213
- Total Fat 23.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 63.5 mg
- Sodium 272.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 94.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 39.0 g