Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
My wife and I invented this dish while we were dating and today, our kids LOVE it. It's a simple dish that's easy to prepare and VERY tasty. For the Cajun Seasoning, we use Chef Paul Prudhomme's Poultry Magic® but your favorite cajun seasoning can be substituted.
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb chicken breast, cut into small pieces
- 5 1⁄2 ounces of dried spaghetti or 5 1⁄2 ounces angel hair pasta
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh peas or 1 1⁄2 cups frozen peas
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 4 tablespoons cajun seasoning
- Cook pasta according to manufacturer's package directions.
- After pasta is cooked - Slice off a piece of butter and put into a hot skillet.
- Add chicken to the skillet and cook chicken until golden brown, stirring frequently.
- Turn the heat up to high, add cooked pasta, peas and remaining butter.
- As soon as the butter is melted, add the Cajun Seasoning and stir to distribute completely.
- Cook for another minute or two and serve.
I was looking for a quick meal to use up some leftover cooked chicken, and this worked out great. I used the angel hair pasta, my leftover chicken, and canned baby peas. I liked the cajun seasoning in the pasta, and it was a combination I hadn't tried before. I think some sauted mushrooms and onions would really be great in this next time. Thanks for sharing!