Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A copycat recipe of the Pasta Milano served at Macaroni Grill. Yum Yum!
Make and share this Chicken Pasta Milano recipe from Food.com.
- 14.79 ml butter
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 118.29 ml sun-dried tomato, chopped
- 236.59 ml chicken broth, divided
- 236.59 ml heavy cream
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml pepper
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 29.58 ml basil
- 226.79 g angel hair pasta, cooked and drained
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over low heat.
- Add the minced garlic and cook for about a minute.
- Add tomatoes and 3/4 cup of chicken broth.
- Increase heat to medium and bring mixture to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer uncovered, for about 10 minutes.
- Add cream and bring to a boil again, stirring frequently.
- Simmer over medium heat until sauce is thick.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over both sides of chicken.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet, then add chicken and saute until chicken is no longer pink inside.
- (About 4 minutes each side should do it.) Remove chicken from skillet, drain fat from skillet.
- In the same skillet, stir 1/4 cup chicken broth with the pan juices, and bring to a boil; reduce slightly and add to the cream sauce; stir in basil.
- Serve chicken atop the pasta, coat with the cream sauce.
great recipe. only got 4 stars b/c husband didn't like very much. my 4yo and i loved this recipe. pan fried the chicken with garlic powder, pepper and salt, then kept warm in oven. use same pan for the sauce, added diced onion to the garlic and butter. add tsp cornstarch with the 1/2 and 1/2. doubled the sauce, as recommended. turned out great. will make again really soon!
I had this dish at Macaroni Grill the other evening and said to myself: I can make this at home! This recipe was almost identical! Quite tasty. I take away one star only because I recommend cutting down on the chicken by a lot. Probably one chicken breast would do it for me. Pretty much every bite had chicken in mine and I would prefer more sauce and less pasta. I used bow-tie pasta instead.
This was absolutely delicious! I used diced tomatoes instead of sun-dried because of personal preference and we ate it without the pasta b/c of a gluten intollerance. Will be making this again and again. Thanks for a great recipe!