The first time I used a bottled sauce and did not like it but then I found Sharon123's recipe for Peanut Sauce and fell in love! Chinese Peanut Sauce is what I used but use whatever peanut sauce that fits your taste buds. I do know that a good quality peanut sauce can make or break this recipe. Nice simple meal to put on the table even during a busy week.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Add broccoli and sweet pepper during the last 3 minutes of cooking and then drain well. Return pasta & veggies to pan and set aside.
- Cut chicken into strips or large cubes and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- In large skillet heat olive oil over medium high heat. Cook chicken in hot oil 8 to 12 minutes or until no longer pink (170F), turning over while sauteing.
- Transfer chicken to the pan with the pasta & veggies. Toss with the peanut sauce and heat through over medium heat.
- Sprinkle each individual serving with crushed red pepper flakes to taste.
Very good and actually simple. I think what makes it work is the peanut sauce #37244 though. Great meal and definitely a change from the norm in this house!
Yum! I love pasta in peanut sauce and this was a simple and tasty one. I forgot to add the veggies to the pasta water, so did a quick stir-fry of them before adding to the dish. It came together quickly and I really enjoyed the contrast of the crunchy veggies and the red pepper flakes for a little heat. Thanks Hokies for a reat meal. Made for Potluck Tag.
Super easy. The peanut sauce I used had a bit of red pepper so we got a nice little zing. Easy to sub out other ingredients; I used broccoli and a thinly sliced carrot instead of the sliced bell pepper. will make again.