Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 chicken, cooked, deboned and diced (reserve broth) (3 lbs.)
- 12 ounces spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons chicken bouillon
- 2 lbs Velveeta cheese, chunked
- 2 tablespoons dried onion
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 can stewed tomatoes
- 1⁄2 can Ro-Tel tomatoes
- Measure reserved broth and add enough water to equal 6 cups.
- Add bouillon and onions.
- Bring to boil and add spaghetti. Cook until tender.
- Add cheese; stir until melted over medium heat.
- Add garlic and both cans of tomatoes.
- Stir well and add chicken meat. Place in a well greased, extra large casserole dish.
- Place in a 325 degrees oven for 60 minutes; edges will be crispy brown.
- Serve with French bread.
This recipe didn't go over too well in my house. It makes a TON but my family thought it was too cheesy. Velveeta is a strong, sticky cheese anyways and when you use 2 lbs thats a lot. I think that if you added some spagetti sauce when you add the tomatoes it would help out a lot.
at least 3 of 5
This recipe is great, but I only use about 8 ounces of velveeta - the whole 2# box would be WAY too much. I generally stew the chicken, then remove it, and cook the spaghetti in the broth and tomatoes with a dash of cumin and chili powder too. Then I add a can of cream of mushroom or cream of chicken soup and the velveeta. I pour it in a greased casserole and bake it! My family loves it, and miss it since we have switched to a mainly low/no carb diet!