Recipe by Sonya01
different chicken pasta bake.
Top Review by hkcurry
Unfortunately, my family wasn't crazy about this dish. We used gouda as the cheese topper. Overall, this dish was just kind-of bland. We might make it again, but add some spices to give it more flavor. And we would probably add more chicken, as we could hardly taste it.
- 300 g penne pasta
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 300 ml light thickened cream
- 310 g corn kernels, drained
- 2⁄3 cup frozen peas
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue cooked chicken, meat removed and roughly chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup tasty low-fat cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the penne in a large saucepan of salted boiling water according to packet instructions or until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat a little oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes or until softened (do not allow to brown). Add the cream, bring to a simmer and cook for 2 minutes. Stir through the corn, peas, parmesan and chicken. Cook for another 2-3 minutes, then add the penne. Season with salt and pepper. Stir until well combined.
- Preheat an oven grill on medium heat. Transfer the chicken mixture into a 4-cup capacity baking dish. Scatter with the cheese and place under preheated grill. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until golden on top. To serve, sprinkle with chopped flat-leaf parsley, if desired.