Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
A very simple dish that can be made ahead of time and popped into the refrigerator until you want to bake it. Equally, I find it a quick fix dinner if I'm in a rush. All I have to do is pick up a chicken on the way home!! Don't leave the curry powder out; it doesn't add heat, just an interesting twist to it.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius or 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cook the pasta until al dente; drain and return to the pan to keep warm.
- Combine the cream of mushroom soup, sour cream and curry powder; season to taste with black pepper.
- Remove the meat from the barbecued chicken and roughly chop.
- Combine the chicken with the pasta, broccoli and soup mixture.
- Spoon into a 2 liter ovenproof dish.
- Sprinkle top with breadcrumbs and cheese.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
Really good. I used some leftover cooked chicken, and muenster cheese instead of cheddar. The curry powder really makes the dish--DH even though it could have used more! This is an excellent one-dish dinner. Thanks for posting!
Must admit that I made a couple of substitutions when making this recipe, but it wasn't anything drastic, I thought ~ Instead of using mushroom soup, I used cream of chicken, & then I substituted crushed Milton's Original Multi-Grain Crackers for the bread crumbs! Very, very easy to make, & it was also very satisfying! I'm not usually big on the use of curry, but it did work well here, & my other half would like it make again, so . . . Thanks for posting the recipe! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]
A great winter warmer. I made exactly as posted and we really enjoyed it. As Noo says "don't leave out the curry powder", it just adds to the flavour without overpowering it. Another keeper :) Made for Aus/NZ swap June 2010