Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Here's another recipe created from a nearly empty frig and freezer with some pantry items. I actually used pasta that had been previously cooked and frozen, but this version will assume that you need to cook the pasta.
- 6 boneless chicken breasts
- 2 lemons, sliced
- 1 lime, sliced
- 1 large sweet onion, peeled and rough chopped
- 1 head garlic, separated and peeled
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil, plus
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, for browning chicken
- 2 tablespoons Italian herb seasoning
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- fresh ground pepper, several grinds
- 1 lb angel hair pasta
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen green beans, whole
- 2 -3 tablespoons flour
- salt and pepper
- In a gallon size zip top plastic bag, marinate the chicken breasts with lemons, limes, onions, garlic, olive, herb mix, salt and pepper for 2-3 hours in the refrigerator.
- Reserve marinating liquid minus lemons and limes. Place chicken breasts into a large deep skillet with 2 Tbl olive oil and brown over medium heat for approximately 5 minutes per side. Then remove chicken breasts from skillet and set aside.
- Pour reserved marinade and flour into skillet and combine over medium heat until simmering. Add 2-3 cups water and whisk until smooth and thickened. Slice the cooked chicken breasts and add to gravy in skillet and allow to simmer over low heat. Season to taste.
- In colander, place frozen green beans. Prepare pasta according to directions and pour over green beans in colander when done.
- In a large pasta serving dish, combine chicken and gravy, pasta and beans. Serve and enjoy!