Recipe by Aimchick
This is one of my favorite pasta dishes. I don't make pasta very often, but whe, I do, I load it up with veggies to cut down on the guilt. I never use frozen veggies for this dish because I find they get mushy during the cooking process. It seems like a lot of ingredients, but it really is quite easy.
Top Review by athenalove46
This was delicious! I had already marinated my chicken in a lemony marinade (for chicken fajitas) but decided to try this one instead. What a winner! I wouldn't change a thing.
For the chicken
- 1 large boneless skinless chicken breast, cut in medallions
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
For the sauce
- 1 small shallot, diced
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of, a
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄2 cup cooked broccoli
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1⁄3 lb pasta, prepared (I like farfalle)
Directions See How It's Made
- Marinade chicken in olive oil, lemon juice, oregano, salt and pepper for 1 hour.
- In a large skillet, sauté chicken in olive oil until tender, but cooked, about 4 minutes on each side.
- Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
- In the same pan, add shallot and garlic, and sauté until shallot is translucent.
- Add flour and butter to create the roux and cook for 2 minutes, until flour is cooked.
- Add wine and chicken broth.
- Allow to bubble and reduce for 10 minutes.
- Add lemon juice and veggies, and return the chicken back to the pan and cook for a few minutes.
- Add pasta to the pan and toss with parmesan cheese and basil leaves.