This is one of my favorite pasta dishes. I don't make pasta very often, but whe, I do, I load it up with veggies to cut down on the guilt. I never use frozen veggies for this dish because I find they get mushy during the cooking process. It seems like a lot of ingredients, but it really is quite easy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the chicken
- 1 large boneless skinless chicken breast, cut in medallions
- 1/2 lemon, juice of
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
For the sauce
- 1 small shallot, diced
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/2 lemon, juice of, a
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup cooked broccoli
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1/3 lb pasta, prepared (I like farfalle)
- 1Marinade chicken in olive oil, lemon juice, oregano, salt and pepper for 1 hour.
- 2In a large skillet, sauté chicken in olive oil until tender, but cooked, about 4 minutes on each side.
- 3Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
- 4In the same pan, add shallot and garlic, and sauté until shallot is translucent.
- 5Add flour and butter to create the roux and cook for 2 minutes, until flour is cooked.
- 6Add wine and chicken broth.
- 7Allow to bubble and reduce for 10 minutes.
- 8Add lemon juice and veggies, and return the chicken back to the pan and cook for a few minutes.
- 9Add pasta to the pan and toss with parmesan cheese and basil leaves.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken, Pasta and Veggies in a Lemon Wine Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (193 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 284.5
- Calories from Fat 68
- Total Fat 7.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 30.2 mg
- Sodium 243.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 15.9 g