Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a great summer meal that can be made ahead!
- 12 ounces spiral shaped pasta, cooked (rotini)
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup white balsamic vinegar or 1⁄2 cup golden balsamic vinegar
- Cook pasta as directed, and then rinse with cold water.
- Add in the chicken and peppers.
- In a separate bowl, combine the garlic, olive oil, vinegar and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the dressing over the pasta/chicken mixture, toss, and chill at least 30 minutes.
I found this recipe during random search for an idea for simple chicken pasta dish. I've decided that the base idea was great, so I've added few more ingredients (slightly goldened with peppers first): few string beans, few white mushrooms ( I think I could have added more greens, and it would not spoil it). Used the breasts as instructed, but from store-purchased rotisserie chicken, and then left on the skillet together with pasta for few more minutes for chicken to worm-up and blend in with oil and vinegar. Added bean sprouts, scallions and fresh herbs before serving. Served as a hot dish covered with grated cheese. Both my wife and kids totally loved it. Wife went for seconds.. and then for thirds. Thanks for a great idea. Shluft.