Prep 20 mins
Cook 14 mins
A delicious recipe that puts your imagination to work and also allows for everything from every food group to go in.
- 4 chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 (12 ounce) packageno yolks yolk-free wide egg noodles
- 2 cups corn or 2 cups peas
- 1⁄4 cup shredded cheese, blend
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs or 1⁄2 cup cracker
Sauce (use 4 cups)
- 1 (8 ounce) package Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 1 (6 ounce) packet cheese sauce, from a box of mac-n-cheese
- 2 cups of kraft shredded cheese, Mexican blend is best
- 1⁄4 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- Cook chicken breasts in a pot, boiling each piece. Salt and pepper or otherwise season as you please.
- While Chicken is cooking, start on the sauce. Start with the packet of cheese sauce powder from the mac-n-cheese with the milk and margarine.
- Add the cream cheese to the mix, allowing that and the margarine to soften and melt at the same time.
- While the cream cheese is melting, and blending, take the chicken from the pot and add the pasta. If vegetables are frozen, add them as well.
- Once chicken has cooled, cut it into one inch cubed pieces. Then re-add the chicken to the pasta and vegetables.
- Then go back to the sauce. Add the shredded cheese to the sauce, keep a good watch on it, so it doesn't scorch to the bottom of the pan.
- Once everything is all cooked up, pour both the chicken and pasta mixture into a 9" X 13" casserole pan and the cheese sauce. Using a rubber spatula or wooden spoon to mix the ingredients together.
- Then added the 1/4 cup of cheese and breadcrumbs or crackers to the top and bake in the oven for fifteen minutes, or till cheese is melted.
This was a tasty and easy chicken casserole! I took a shortcut and used precooked, oven-roasted cubed chicken but otherwise made just as directed. This was a great quick-busy-weeknight meal that the whole family enjoyed!