1/1 Photo of Chicken & Pasta
Marion Irene's Note:
A delicious recipe that puts your imagination to work and also allows for everything from every food group to go in.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 (12 ounce) package no yolks yolk-free wide egg noodles
- 2 cups corn or 2 cups peas
- 1/4 cup shredded cheese, blend
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs or 1/2 cup cracker
Sauce (use 4 cups)
- 1Cook chicken breasts in a pot, boiling each piece. Salt and pepper or otherwise season as you please.
- 2While Chicken is cooking, start on the sauce. Start with the packet of cheese sauce powder from the mac-n-cheese with the milk and margarine.
- 3Add the cream cheese to the mix, allowing that and the margarine to soften and melt at the same time.
- 4While the cream cheese is melting, and blending, take the chicken from the pot and add the pasta. If vegetables are frozen, add them as well.
- 5Once chicken has cooled, cut it into one inch cubed pieces. Then re-add the chicken to the pasta and vegetables.
- 6Then go back to the sauce. Add the shredded cheese to the sauce, keep a good watch on it, so it doesn't scorch to the bottom of the pan.
- 7Once everything is all cooked up, pour both the chicken and pasta mixture into a 9" X 13" casserole pan and the cheese sauce. Using a rubber spatula or wooden spoon to mix the ingredients together.
- 8Then added the 1/4 cup of cheese and breadcrumbs or crackers to the top and bake in the oven for fifteen minutes, or till cheese is melted.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken & Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (141 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 393.0
- Calories from Fat 244
- Total Fat 27.1 g
- Saturated Fat 12.4 g
- Cholesterol 83.7 mg
- Sodium 590.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 22.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
yolk-free wide egg noodles