Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Nice light pasta and chicken dish! Very versatile and forgiving that children tend to love. This has become a family dish we make often. I have even served it for large crowds and dinner parties. I have been making it for more years then I would like to admit and I received it from my mother-in-law. Omit the chicken, add more broccoli and you have a nice vegetarian meal.
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 minced fresh garlic cloves
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 red pepper, chopped (optional)
- 1⁄2-1 lb chicken breast, cut into strips (optional)
- 2 cups broccoli florets (fresh or frozen)
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato, snipped into strips (drained if in oil)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil or 1 -2 tablespoon fresh basil
- salt & pepper
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth or 3⁄4 cup vegetable broth
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1⁄2 lb farfalle pasta or 1⁄2 lb bow tie pasta or 1⁄2 lb penne, cooked and drained
- grated parmesan cheese
- Using a large frying pan on medium high heat.
- Saute garlic in oil- do not burn.
- Add onion and pepper- cook 1-2 minutes.
- Add chicken breast cook for a few minutes until all pieces look white on the outside (They do not have to be cooked all the way) about 3-5 minutes.
- Add Broccoli, tomatoes, seasonings- cook about 3-5 minutes.
- Add broth, wine & cook 10-15 mins (depends on if it is fresh, frozen or thawed).
- Add butter (do not omit- it will make a difference) mixing to melt.
- Toss with pasta, let set for a few minutes & serve with cheese sprinkled on top.
This was very bland. Tried to add alfredo sauce. It didn't help. Maybe someone else can think what to add. pattyjas
This was just okay for us. It seemed a little bland. I think I'd want to tweak it a little more when I make it again. Made for Spring 2009 PAC.