Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Nice light pasta and chicken dish! Very versatile and forgiving that children tend to love. This has become a family dish we make often. I have even served it for large crowds and dinner parties. I have been making it for more years then I would like to admit and I received it from my mother-in-law. Omit the chicken, add more broccoli and you have a nice vegetarian meal.
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 minced fresh garlic cloves
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 red pepper, chopped (optional)
- 1⁄2-1 lb chicken breast, cut into strips (optional)
- 2 cups broccoli florets (fresh or frozen)
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato, snipped into strips (drained if in oil)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil or 1 -2 tablespoon fresh basil
- salt & pepper
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth or 3⁄4 cup vegetable broth
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1⁄2 lb farfalle pasta or 1⁄2 lb bow tie pasta or 1⁄2 lb penne, cooked and drained
- grated parmesan cheese
- Using a large frying pan on medium high heat.
- Saute garlic in oil- do not burn.
- Add onion and pepper- cook 1-2 minutes.
- Add chicken breast cook for a few minutes until all pieces look white on the outside (They do not have to be cooked all the way) about 3-5 minutes.
- Add Broccoli, tomatoes, seasonings- cook about 3-5 minutes.
- Add broth, wine & cook 10-15 mins (depends on if it is fresh, frozen or thawed).
- Add butter (do not omit- it will make a difference) mixing to melt.
- Toss with pasta, let set for a few minutes & serve with cheese sprinkled on top.