- 8 chicken pieces, not breast,approx
- 1 jar passata
- 1 pint good quality chicken stock
- dried Italian herb seasoning
- sliced red pepper
- chopped onion
- olive oil
- black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- get a large saucepan and sweat the onions and garlic in olive oil.
- take the skin off the chicken and add it to the onions/garlic and sweat again.
- Add the passata and chicken stock and herbs and cook until about 3/4 done on a low heat.
- Add the sliced red peppers and continue until the chicken is cooked.
- Check the seasonings at the end and add some black pepper.
- Serve with anything that mops up the gravy-- mashed potato/rice/cous cous and its better the day after too.