Cooking light recipe - Yogurt combines with cashew cream to replace heavy cream in this fragrant and traditional Pakistani dish. The spicy chicken is accompanied by refreshing pineapple and the mellow cashew-yogurt sauce. Use the pita wedges to scoop up the remaining sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup roasted cashews
- 2 cups plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 cup coarsely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh ginger
- 2 jalapeno peppers
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt (divided)
- 24 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast halves (cut into thirds)
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup cubed fresh pineapple
- 2 tablespoons chopped cashews, roasted
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 24 inches pita bread (each cut into 6 wedges)
- 1Place 1/2 cup cashews in food processor and process until smooth, about 2 minutes, scraping the sides of the bowl once. Add yogurt and process until well blended. Remove from processor and set aside.
- 2Combine onion, lemon juice, ginger, and jalapeno in a blender or in a food processor. Process until finely chopped.
- 3Combine spices in a large zip lock bag. Add 1/2 tsp salt and chicken. Seal bag and shake to coat.
- 4Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken pieces. Cook 4 minutes on each side or until done. Remove chicken from pan and keep warm.
- 5Add onion mixture to pan. Reduce heat to medium' cook 3 minutes or until liquid evaporates, stirring frequently. Add 1/2 tsp salt and yogurt mixture to pan; cook 3 minutes or until heated, stirring frequently.
- 6Spoon 1/2 cup of yogurt mixture on to each of 6 plates. Top each serving with 3 chicken pieces. Sprinkle each serving with pineapple, cashews, and cilantro. Arrange 4 pita wedges on each plate.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Pasanda
Serving Size: 1 (312 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 382.0
- Calories from Fat 102
- Total Fat 11.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 70.6 mg
- Sodium 762.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 10.8 g
- Protein 35.8 g