Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This one pot wonder is quite delicious and though I've not tried it any other way I'd say it would make for good pie filling if you used thigh fillets instead of chicken cutlets.
- Heat oil in large ovenproof dish. Fry leeks, parsnips, bay leaves, garlic and onion until they turn golden.
- Add thyme and mushrooms and fry for a further minute.
- Add sweet potato chunks and sit chicken pieces on top of the vegetables. Pour enough boiling water over to nearly cover the chicken.
- Bake in 170c oven for 1hr, or until chicken is cooked through. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- This can be served with couscous or whatever takes your fancy.
This was yummy and great for a fall dinner. I made the recipe as stated however I made a slight mistake and fogot to add the parsnips on the first step. Instead, when I realized my error, I microwaved them for about 2 minutes and added them right befor the chicken and the water. The stew seemed quiet thin when it was done baking so I ended up straining it and thicking the juice with some flour over the stove and serving that as a gravy. I served this with polenta and roasted brussel sprouts. Next time I am going to try browning the chicken lightly befor adding it to the veggies to bake and adding a little less water. Oh, and I thought that 8 garlic cloves seemed like a ton and was worried about how I was not directed to cut or dice them. Instead I was pleasently suprised when they melted in with the rest of the stew and the flavour was not overwhelming at all. A lovely comfort stew that was easy enough to prepare on a week night. Thanks!