Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
A quick and easy recipe for the classic favorite!
- 8 chicken breasts
- 2 cups Italian seasoned breadcrumbs (more or less to coat)
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup Italian dressing
- 2 (12 ounce) cans tomato soup
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms (or about 3 cans)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons parsley flakes
- 3 tablespoons italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- salt and pepper
- spaghetti noodles or lipton alfredo noodles
- Saute mushrooms in oil with salt.
- Remove mushrooms and set aside
- Whisk eggs and italian dressing.
- Dip chicken in egg mixture, then coat with bread crumbs
- Cook chicken in same skillet mushrooms were cooked in over medium heat.
- When chicken juices run clear,remove chicken and set to side.
- Mix soup, water, and seasonings in a bowl. Pour into same skillet, making sure to scrap bottom of skillet (this adds extra flavor to sauce!).
- Return chicken to same pan sauce is in and let simmer, covered,for 12-15 minutes.
- Pour cheese on top of mixture and simmer over low heat for and additional 3 minutes.
- Serve over spaghetti noodles, or alfredo.
- *I like to serve this with toasted ravioli made the same way the chicken was,frozen cheese ravioli dipped in egg, bread crumbs and then fried.
I found this under the Kid Pleaser category and you weren't kidding! My kids (3 1/2 and 2)gobbled this up! Even eating the leftovers for lunch the next day. My husband and I were huge fans as well. The next time I make this I am going to cut back just a tad on the Italian seasoning, but other than that...this was wonderful!