1/1 Photo of Chicken Parmigiano Soup
Rachael Ray made this on her show recently and I can't wait to try it. It sure looks good and healthy. She promoted this as a 15-minute soup.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus
- extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- 4 chicken breasts, pounded out and cut into bite-sized pieces
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, 3 chopped, 1 for rubbing bread
- 2 large onions, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 (28 ounce) can pasta-style chunky tomatoes
- 1 quart chicken stock
- 1 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 8 slices Italian bread
- 1 cup parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Heat a large pot over medium-high heat with 2 T of extra-virgin olive oil. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and add to pot.
- 3Cook for about 3-4 minutes, or until just cooked through. Remove from the pot and set aside.
- 4Add the other 2 T of extra virgin olive oil along with the chopped garlic, onions and red pepper flakes.
- 5Cook for about 3-4 minutes. Add tomatoes and the stock, bring to a simmer and cook for about 3-4 minutes.
- 6Add chicken back to the pot and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- 7Add the chopped basil and stir to combine.
- 8While the soup is cooking, drizzle the sliced bread with some extra-virgin olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- 9Place on a baking sheet and toast until lightly golden, about 3-4 minutes.
- 10Remove from the oven. Rub each piece with the garlic clove and top with parmesan cheese.
- 11Place back in oven for 1-2 minutes.
- 12Serve soup topped with 2 pieces of parmesan toast or, if you prefer, put the bread on the bottom and the soup on top.
Browse Our Top Stocks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Parmigiano Soup
Serving Size: 1 (547 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 686.8
- Calories from Fat 331
- Total Fat 36.8 g
- Saturated Fat 10.3 g
- Cholesterol 114.4 mg
- Sodium 1010.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 7.4 g
- Protein 48.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
pasta-style chunky tomatoes