Recipe by PSU Lioness
I found this on the Gooseberry Patch website and I'm posting for safe keeping. It can be found in the "Gooseberry Patch: Christmas With Family & Friends" cookbook.
- 1 cup italian flavored dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 16 ounces penne pasta, cooked
- 26 ounces marinara sauce, divided
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese in a large plastic zipping bag. Place chicken in bag and shake to coat.
- In a medium saucepan, heat butter and oil together over medium heat.
- Add chicken to saucepan and brown on all sides.
- In an ungreased 13"x9" baking pan, layer pasta, half of sauce, half of cheese and chicken.
- Top with remaining sauce and cheese.
- Bake, covered at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, or until heated through and cheese is melted and bubbly.