Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is incredible. I use homemade spaghetti sauce instead of jar sauce
- 3⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 4 chicken breasts, skinless and boneless
- salt and pepper
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 6 ounces mozzarella cheese, cut into slices
- Heat broiler. Combine breadcrumbs and Parmesan in a shallow bowl. Season both sides of chicken with salt and pepper. Dip chicken into the egg then dredge into breadcrumbs, turning to coat.
- Spread tomato sauce onto the bottom of a 10x15" baking dish. Heat 2 tbsp oil in a large, nonstick skillet over medium heat. Place 4 chicken breasts in skillet and cook until golden brown, about 1-2 minutes per side. Transfer to baking dish.
- Top each cutlet with a slice of mozzarella and broil about 4 inches from heat source until sauce is hot and cheese is melted and lightly browned in spots, about 5-8 minutes. Serve immediately.