Prep 3 mins
Cook 25 mins
I'm always surprised how tasty this is for such a simple recipe. Based on a McCormick recipe.
Make and share this Chicken Parmigiana recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1⁄3 cup breadcrumbs
- 3⁄4 teaspoon Italian herb seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 egg
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 3⁄4 cup mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Place the uncooked chicken between two sheets of waxed paper or plastic wrap.
- Using the flat side of a meat mallet, gently pound the chicken from the center to the outside until the the breast is pounded to an even thickness of ½”. This will promote even cooking.
- Combine Parmesan, bread crumbs, Italian herb seasoning and garlic powder in shallow bowl. Dip each chicken breast in beaten egg, then roll in bread crumb mixture to evenly coat.
- Place chicken on a cookie sheet. Bake 10 minutes.
- Turn chicken over and bake another 10-12 minutes, or until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Spoon tomato sauce over chicken. Sprinkle cheese over top. Bake 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Serve over your favorite pasta.