Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
A classic Italian chicken breast
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 quart peeled whole tomato
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 3 whole garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti noodles
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, or
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Combine tomatoes, tomato paste, minced garlic, salt and Italian seasoning in a food processor until fully blended. Place in a 2 quart saucepan and bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Combine bread crumbs and parmesian cheese. Pound each chicken breast until thin. Dredge breasts in egg and coat in bread crumbs. Fry each breast until golden on each side. Place chicken on a baking sheet and place it in the oven for 15 minutes or until done through.
- Cook spaghetti according to the directions on the package.
- When breasts are done, remove from oven and cover with cheese. Sprinkle with parmesian cheese. Place breasts in broiler until cheese is melted and slightly browned.
- Place a bed of spaghetti on four plates. Cover with the tomato sauce. Place chicken on spaghetti and serve.
Easy and delicious. I skipped the spaghetti, since I was serving this with another pasta dish, but made the sauce and chicken as written. Good for a quick weeknight dinner. Made for Spring 2013 PAC.