Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
Chicken parmesean wrap made with egg roll wrappers. adapted from canyoustayfordinner.com
- 8 ounces raw chicken breasts
- 1 cup marinara sauce, plus more for serving
- 6 egg roll wraps (each 7 inches squared)
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves or 1 cup lettuce
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1. Place the chicken breast in a small pot and fill with enough water just to cover. Bring to a boil on your stovetop, reduce the heat slightly, then simmer for about 12 minutes, or until cooked through. Drain and let cool before shredding with two forks, pulling against the grain of the meat. Mix the meat with the marinara sauce in a small bowl.
- 2. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Lay the egg roll wrappers on a clean work surface. Layer each with a few leaves of spinach, then chicken, followed by mozzarella and parmesan.
- 3. Lightly brush two adjacent sides of the wrapper with water and fold the upper left corner downward, covering the filling, and press to seal on the bottom right corner. Press to seal each of the sides. Repeat with remaining wraps.
- 4. Place all 6 filled wraps on a greased wire rack set over a cookie sheet, coat each in cooking spray or a light brushing of olive oil, and bake for about 12 minutes, or until the edges begin to turn a golden brown.
- 5. Serve with warmed marinara sauce for dipping.