Recipe by beverlyjean58
A very tasty low fat version. I usually make the sauce the day before or on the weekend then I have a quick meal for during the week. Serve it with your favorite pasta. Delicious.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 -5 minced garlic cloves
- 4 (796 ml) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (156 ml) can tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 whole boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2⁄3 cup Italian cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onion in olive oil until translucent.
- Add garlic, saute 1 min more.
- Add tomatoes, tomato paste, sugar, basil and Worcestershire sauce.
- Bring to a boil then simmer for at least 2 hours.
- Cut each breast into quarters.
- One at a time, place chicken between 2 sheets of plastic wrap and pound until 1/4 inch thick.
- Season each piece with salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in skillet, fry chicken until no longer pink inside.
- Place in 9x13 casserole dish.
- Top with enough tomato sauce to cover the chicken.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.
- Top with cheeses and return to oven until cheese is melted.
- Use the extra sauce on your pasta.