1/3 Photos of Chicken Parmesan With Whole Wheat Pasta
weekend cooker's Note:
An enlightened version of a traditional family favorite- uses minimal fat while adding whole wheat pasta and baby spinach to this enlightening dish
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 9 ounces dry whole wheat spaghetti, uncooked
- 1 1/2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute, with yolk
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (26 1/2 ounce) can spaghetti sauce, divided
- 1 (6 ounce) package baby spinach leaves
- 1Cook spaghetti according to package directions omitting salt. Drain and set aside.
- 2Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 3Spread breadcrumbs evenly on a baking sheet.
- 4Spray with cooking spray.
- 5Bake 5-7 minutes or until crumbs are golden brown. emove from baking sheet, and cool.
- 6Increase oven temperature to 425 degrees.
- 7Combine bread crumbs, 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, salt and pepper in a shallow dish, and set aside.
- 8Pour egg beaters into second shallow dish and set aside.
- 9Spray baking rack with cooking spray, and place on baking sheet, and set aside.
- 10Dip each chicken breasts in egg beaters, then coat with seasoned bread crumbs. lace on baking rack, and lightly spray chicken with cooking spray.
- 11Bake for 20 minutes or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- 12Top each chicken breasts with 2 tablespoons of spaghetti sauce, and 2 teaspoons cheese.
- 13Bake for 5 minutes, or until cheese melts.
- 14Heat remaining spaghetti sauce in large saucepan over medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes, or until hot.
- 15Add spinach and cook 2 minutes, or until spinach wilts.
- 16Add cooked spaghetti, and toss to coat with sauce.
- 17Continue heating until hot.
- 18PLace spaghetti mixture on serving platter, and top with chicken.
- 19Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Parmesan With Whole Wheat Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (292 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 491.8
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 84.2 mg
- Sodium 862.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 7.8 g
- Protein 40.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Egg Beaters egg substitute