Recipe by Adria82
My husband loves chicken Parmesan and this is what I came up with to please our taste buds. It is a very simple dish and you get restaurant quality in less than an hour! The trick is to use very thin chicken breast cutlets. P.S. Don't tell my Italian parents I use jar sauce! ;-)
- 6 chicken breasts, cutlets pounded thin
- 2 (25 ounce) jarsof good spaghetti sauce (I prefer Enrico's)
- 1 cup Italian style breadcrumbs
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 eggs
- 16 ounces thin spaghetti, cooked
- 16 ounces mozzarella cheese (shredded or sliced)
- olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour half of one jar of sauce into a 9X13 baking dish and set aside.
- Crack eggs into a shallow bowl and beat slightly with a fork.
- In another shallow bowl, stir together both types of breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Put spaghetti water on to boil.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a large non-stick frying pan.
- Coat chicken cutlets with egg, then breadcrumb mixture and transfer to frying pan, three at a time.
- Fry chicken cutlets 5 minutes per side, or until golden.
- Transfer cooked chicken cutlets to the baking dish.
- Cover chicken with remainder of opened jar sauce and top with Mozzarella.
- Broil in oven on high until cheese begins to brown.
- Strain spaghetti, toss with second jar of sauce, and serve with chicken cutlets.