Recipe by Chef CheryleMac
This recipe has been a real hit with the family. My brother-in-law says it's better than the version his favorite restaurant makes. I serve it with salad and hot bread.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless chicken breasts
- 2 egg whites, slightly beaten
- 1 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 24 ounces spaghetti sauce, divided
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (reduced fat works well, too)
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons dried oregano
- 6 ounces spaghetti, cooked and drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Dip chicken in egg whites, then evenly coat with bread crumbs.
- Bake chicken in 400 degree (F) oven for 20-25 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
- While chicken is baking, mix cheeses and dried oregano together.
- Using 2 cups of the spaghetti sauce, top the cooked chicken with sauce and cheese mixture.
- Return chicken to oven, bake additional 4-6 minutes or until cheeses melt.
- Serve baked chicken over hot pasta which has been tossed with the remaining cup of spaghetti sauce.