Chef CheryleMac's Note:
This recipe has been a real hit with the family. My brother-in-law says it's better than the version his favorite restaurant makes. I serve it with salad and hot bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless chicken breasts
- 2 egg whites, slightly beaten
- 1 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 24 ounces spaghetti sauce, divided
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (reduced fat works well, too)
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 1/4 teaspoons dried oregano
- 6 ounces spaghetti, cooked and drained
- 1Dip chicken in egg whites, then evenly coat with bread crumbs.
- 2Bake chicken in 400 degree (F) oven for 20-25 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
- 3While chicken is baking, mix cheeses and dried oregano together.
- 4Using 2 cups of the spaghetti sauce, top the cooked chicken with sauce and cheese mixture.
- 5Return chicken to oven, bake additional 4-6 minutes or until cheeses melt.
- 6Serve baked chicken over hot pasta which has been tossed with the remaining cup of spaghetti sauce.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Parmesan With Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (266 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 689.6
- Calories from Fat 241
- Total Fat 26.8 g
- Saturated Fat 9.8 g
- Cholesterol 118.3 mg
- Sodium 1511.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 15.2 g
- Protein 49.8 g