Recipe by Chrissyo
This is an entry in the Ready, Set Cook contest of June 2002. I wanted to try a different sauce to serve with polenta instead of the usual tomato sauce. So here goes....
Top Review by Wing-Man
This meal turned out really wonderful despite the not so clear instructions. More detail is appreciated. I used boneless skinless thighs and less than 400 g of button mushrooms and dried herbs since that is what was on hand. Served the chicken over a bed of spinach cous cous since I was out of polenta/grits. Will make again and can't wait to eat the leftovers.
- 4 large skinless chicken fillets
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 90 g butter
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- refrigerated polenta
- 1⁄3 cup plain flour, for dusting polenta
- olive oil, to deep fry polenta
Mushroom Rosemary Sauce
- 100 g butter
- 300 g oyster mushrooms, halved
- 400 g swiss cremini mushrooms
- 300 g button mushrooms, halved
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary leaves
- 60 ml dry white wine
- 125 ml sour cream
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 500 g fresh broccoli
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Chicken Parmesan: Combine breadcrumbs, cheese and parsley.
- Melt butter in saucepan, add crushed garlic, Worcestershire sauce and dry mustard.
- Mix well.
- Dip chicken fillets in butter mixture and place in shallow ovenproof dish.
- Press crumb mixture on top of each fillet.
- Bake, uncovered, at 180°C for 20 to 25 minutes or until the juices of the chicken run clear when pierced with a toothpick.
- Do not over cook the chicken.
- Polenta: Cut refrigerated polenta in triangles.
- Toss triangles in flour; shake away excess flour.
- Deep-fry polenta in hot oil until browned; drain on absorbent paper.
- Set aside on a plate and keep warm.
- Mushroom rosemary sauce: Heat butter in large saucepan; cook mushrooms and rosemary, stirring, 2 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients; cook, stirring, until mushrooms are soft.
- Broccoli: Cut broccoli into flowerets and steam until just tender.
- Then into a bowl with the steamed broccoli toss in the knob of butter salt and pepper to taste and lemon juice.
- Combine well.
- Plate up: Place a triangle of deep fried polenta on a plate.
- Layer a piece of Chicken Parmesan on the polenta and drizzle the Mushroom Rosemary sauce over the chicken and polenta.
- And finally add the steam broccoli.
- Serve immediately.