Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This sauce is wonderful on Artichoke Souffle Pie or you can serve it in patty shells or over toast as chicken ala king--Great taste. Original recipe comes from a "Sunset" cookbook.
- Melt the butter (margarine) in a saucepan and add the onion and pimiento.
- Cook until the onion is wilted.
- Blend in the flour, salt and pepper.
- Stir in the milk and chicken broth; stir until it comes to a boil and has thickened.
- Stir in the chicken and parmesan cheese.
Really liked, however next time I will use only 1 tablespoon of flour. My sauce was too thick. I used it on chicken parmesean and it was a nice change. Thanks for sharing
I loved this. I didn't have pimientos so had to skip that. I was heavy handed with the pepper, and I really enjoyed it's flavor standing out. Instead of salt I used a teaspoon of soy sauce. Finally, instead of cooked chicken I used finely cut up cooked broccoli. I served it all over rotini. I'm going to try it next done the same way and over a baked potato. Can't wait! :)
This sauce is wonderful!! I did make it without the chicken to make a lighter sauce for your Artichoke Souffle Pie (Artichoke Souffle Pie). I love it and am already trying to think of additional uses for it, so I can indulge more often!! :) Very easy to make and very flavorful!! Thank you, Bergy!!