Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Make and share this Chicken Parmesan Roll-Ups(Cook's Country) recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped fine
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes (see note)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 6 boneless skinless chicken cutlets, thin-cut, about 1 1/4 pounds
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- Adjust oven rack to upper-middle position and heat oven to 475 degrees. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in medium saucepan over medium heat until shimmering. Add onion and cook until softened, about 3 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add tomatoes and simmer until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Off heat, stir in half of basil. Transfer half of sauce to 8-inch square baking dish.
- Combine mozzarella and Parmesan in medium bowl; reserve ½ cup. Add remaining basil to remaining cheese. Pat cutlets dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper. Top cutlets with basil-cheese mixture, leaving 1-inch border at bottom of cutlets. Roll up tightly and arrange, seam side down, in prepared baking dish.
- Toss bread crumbs with remaining oil in small bowl. Top chicken with reserved cheese, remaining sauce, and bread-crumb mixture. Bake until chicken is cooked through and crumbs are golden, 15 to 20 minutes. Serve.