Recipe by Paul in Owens Cross Roads
This is simple to make given that you have a good tomato based spaghetti sauce to go with it. Sweet N Sour Bean Salad was designed with this in mind. Preparation of the sauce from scratch can add a lot of time to total but it is well worth it. Using fresh grated parmesan cheese will make a big difference in the success of this dish also.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 3 ounces ribs and chicken dry rub seasonings
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 4 ounces angel hair pasta
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 ounces fresh parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash and thoroughly dry the chicken breasts. Sprinkle some of the rub over each and work it into the skin well. Melt the butter in a plastic contaner and carry outside to the grill with your favorite wish. Cook the breasts on the grill for 5 minutes or until the chicken starts to firm up. Each time you turn the breasts, baste them with some of the melted butter. Do not overcook as we will be cooking them a little more in the kitchen. When done, set the breasts aside for later.
- Put the spaghetti sauce in a pan, cover it, and heat it on a medium setting.
- Cook the angel hair pasta as usual, add the olive oil to the pot to keep the noodles from sticking together. About 2 minutes before the noodles are done, cover the chicken breasts with grated parmesan cheese and heat them on a plate in the microwave for about 45 seconds or until the parmesan is about halfway melted. Strain the noodles and scoop onto the serving plates. Put a chicken breast on top of the noodles and cover with the spaghetti sauce. Serve immediately.