Recipe by puddlejumper
Haven't tried this, but am trying to start a collection of freezer meals.
Top Review by Shahana
Really yummers!! I used cornflake crumbs instead of breadcrumbs as that was what I had on hand. Also because I was doing only 1 serving to taste test I used Ketchup instead of tomato sauce. It was alright but I will be using tomato sauce for the freezer batch. I hope you have tried it yourself by now.
- 1⁄3 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 3⁄4 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 3⁄4 cup light mozzarella cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first four ingredients in a shallow bowl.
- Dip each chicken breast in beaten egg, then roll in bread crumb mixture to evenly coat.
- Place chicken on a greased cookie sheet or jellyroll pan.
- Bake in preheated 375' F. oven for 10 minute Turn chicken over; bake 10-12 minute or until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Freeze in 1 gallon bag with separate bags of sauce and shredded cheese.
- To serve: Thaw overnight in the refrigerator. Reheat chicken in 375' F oven until heated through and crust is crispy.
- Spoon tomato sauce over chicken & sprinkle cheese over top.
- Bake an additional 3 minutes or until cheese Is melted.