Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A yummy, lower fat chicken dish. Use reduced fat cheese.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 cup seasoned bread crumbs (such as crumb-in-one mix)
- 1 teaspoon Italian herb seasoning
- 2 cups pasta sauce
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms (optional)
- 1 teaspoon grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- Wet chicken and roll in crumbing mix.
- Heat a non-stick skillet and spray with cooking oil spray.
- Brown chicken lightly on both sides.
- It won't be cooked all the way through.
- Place chicken in a casserole or baking dish.
- Into same skillet, place the pasta sauce, herbs, mushrooms and parmesan.
- Heat to a simmer and pour over chicken in dish.
- Bake in a moderate oven for 20 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Sprinkle grated mozzarella over the chicken in last 5 minutes of cooking to melt.
- Serve with pasta.
- I like to serve this with lots of vegetables or salad also.