Recipe by DrGaellon
These mini-meatloaves are made with ground chicken and flavored like chicken parmesan. Two make a main course. Weight Watchers compatible; points listed at original site. http://bit.ly/YdA0Tu
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg white
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground chicken
- 6 tablespoons dried breadcrumbs
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried basil (or 2 t chopped fresh basil)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme (or 2 t fresh thyme)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano (or 2 t chopped fresh oregano)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 small onion, chopped small or grated
- 3⁄4 teaspoon table salt
- 1⁄3 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 ounces grated parmesan cheese (about 3/4 cup)
- 3⁄4 cup pasta sauce
- 3 ounces low fat shredded mozzarella cheese (3/4 cup)
- parsley (optional) or oregano (optional) or basil, for garnish (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F Spray a muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, beat together egg and egg white until combined. Add everything else except pasta sauce, mozzarella cheese, and optional herbs. Mix gently to combine; do not over mix or compress the mixture too firmly.
- Divide evenly into 12 wells of muffin tin. Divide pasta sauce evenly over the top of each portion (about 1 tbsp). Bake 20 minutes.
- Top each portion with about 1 tbsp shredded cheese and return to oven until cheese is melted and bubbly, 3-5 minutes. Sprinkle with herbs and serve.