So I must admit, I got my idea from this awesome blog "Dinner and a Love Story" http://www.dinneralovestory.com/chicken-parm-meatballs/ . That was my inspiration. I took some liberties with the recipe and made it my own. May not be quite as healthy, but the end result was yummy yummy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 lb mild Italian sausage (no cases)
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons basil, finely chopped
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 6 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese (thinly sliced)
- 3 cups Italian breadcrumbs (reserve 1 1/2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 cups marinara sauce
- 8 ounces spaghetti
- 1Preheat over to 400 degrees.
- 2Hand mix the first 10 ingredients together. Just mix until well blended (don't overmix or it makes the meatballs chewy).
- 3Form into golf ball size balls. This should make between 25-30 meatballs. Roll each in the breadcrumb mixture.
- 4Melt butter and veggie oil in large pan. Saute meatballs in batches until golden brown on all sides. It should take 3-4 minutes per side.
- 5Brush tops of all meatballs with warmed marinara sauce. Bake for 20 minutes while you make the spaghetti.
- 6Make spaghetti per package instructions.
- 7Take meatballs out and add a dollop of sauce to the top of each one and then top with the small slice of mozzarella cheese. Broil for 3-4 minutes until cheese is bubbly and melted on top.
- 8Serve meatballs with a side of spaghetti and a little extra sauce.
Browse Our Top Meatballs Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Parmesan Meatballs (Kinda)
Serving Size: 1 (495 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1621.5
- Calories from Fat 696
- Total Fat 77.3 g
- Saturated Fat 27.7 g
- Cholesterol 310.1 mg
- Sodium 4433.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 148.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.5 g
- Sugars 32.1 g
- Protein 79.3 g