Recipe by manda10s
So I must admit, I got my idea from this awesome blog "Dinner and a Love Story" http://www.dinneralovestory.com/chicken-parm-meatballs/ . That was my inspiration. I took some liberties with the recipe and made it my own. May not be quite as healthy, but the end result was yummy yummy!
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 lb mild Italian sausage (no cases)
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons basil, finely chopped
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 6 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese (thinly sliced)
- 3 cups Italian breadcrumbs (reserve 1 1/2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 cups marinara sauce
- 8 ounces spaghetti
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat over to 400 degrees.
- Hand mix the first 10 ingredients together. Just mix until well blended (don't overmix or it makes the meatballs chewy).
- Form into golf ball size balls. This should make between 25-30 meatballs. Roll each in the breadcrumb mixture.
- Melt butter and veggie oil in large pan. Saute meatballs in batches until golden brown on all sides. It should take 3-4 minutes per side.
- Brush tops of all meatballs with warmed marinara sauce. Bake for 20 minutes while you make the spaghetti.
- Make spaghetti per package instructions.
- Take meatballs out and add a dollop of sauce to the top of each one and then top with the small slice of mozzarella cheese. Broil for 3-4 minutes until cheese is bubbly and melted on top.
- Serve meatballs with a side of spaghetti and a little extra sauce.