Top Review by Chef Lindsay
I can't believe I haven't rated this yet! I've been making this for at least a year now and it's simple, kid-friendly, and low budget. Three of my favorite things. But the best part is, it's yummy! Thanks.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons low-fat Italian salad dressing
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning mix
- 1 cup thick spaghetti sauce or 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated low fat mozzarella
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove any clinging fat from the chicken and discard; wash and pat dry.
- Lay chicken between sheets of waxed paper- I save cereal box liners for this purpose; gently pound with the fleshy part of your fist (or a meat mallet) to flatten slightly.
- Rub all over with Italian dressing& let it sit while measuring out the remaining ingredients.
- Combine bread crumbs and seasonings on a piece of wax paper.
- Spray a large non-stick frying pan with cooking spray and place over medium heat.
- When hot, dredge dressing coated breasts through the bread crumb mixture and sauté until golden, about 5- 8 minutes per side.
- Spoon some spaghetti sauce on top of each breast, sprinkle with Parmesan& top with mozzarella; cover pan and continue to cook over medium heat until sauce is hot and cheese melts, about 3-5 minutes.