Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons low-fat Italian salad dressing
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning mix
- 1 cup thick spaghetti sauce or 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated low fat mozzarella
- Remove any clinging fat from the chicken and discard; wash and pat dry.
- Lay chicken between sheets of waxed paper- I save cereal box liners for this purpose; gently pound with the fleshy part of your fist (or a meat mallet) to flatten slightly.
- Rub all over with Italian dressing& let it sit while measuring out the remaining ingredients.
- Combine bread crumbs and seasonings on a piece of wax paper.
- Spray a large non-stick frying pan with cooking spray and place over medium heat.
- When hot, dredge dressing coated breasts through the bread crumb mixture and sauté until golden, about 5- 8 minutes per side.
- Spoon some spaghetti sauce on top of each breast, sprinkle with Parmesan& top with mozzarella; cover pan and continue to cook over medium heat until sauce is hot and cheese melts, about 3-5 minutes.
I can't believe I haven't rated this yet! I've been making this for at least a year now and it's simple, kid-friendly, and low budget. Three of my favorite things. But the best part is, it's yummy! Thanks.
This was yummy with my homemade tomato sauce. Quick and easy too!
Our lovely hostess Country Lady made this dish as well as her AWESOME pasta shells for a lunch she hosted for my birthday, and all I can say is WOW, this is the way I will forever make Chicken Parmesan, and it looks easy, and it is low fat, it's all good! Thanks so much CL