Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
I made these for dinner last night and my husband LOVED them! In fact, my 22-month old daughter loved them, too! You can actually make a bunch of the chicken breasts ahead of time and freeze them. When ready to eat, just add the tomato sauce and mozzarella cheese and you're golden! Quick, easy, yummy chicken parm sandwiches. Perfect for Superbowl Sunday or any other time you need a great hoagy sandwich! We really liked these. Hope you do, too. :D Oh yeah, the chicken breasts I use are sliced to make them thinner and easier to cook evenly. If you have thicker breasts, you'll need to cook these longer in the oven. ENJOY!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 cup tomato sauce (I use Authentic Italian Tomato Sauce)
- 3⁄4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 hoagie rolls
- canned jalapeno (optional)
- olive oil (for frying)
- Add the breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, oregano, paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper to a Ziplock bag and shake to mix well.
- Pour into a low flat bowl or onto some waxed paper.
- Drop each chicken breast into the beaten egg and dredge in the breadcrumb, Parmesan cheese and herb mixture.
- Heat a few tablespoons of olive oil over medium high heat in a pan.
- Add the breaded chicken breasts, two at a time so as not to over-crowd the pan.
- Cook on medium high heat for about 3 minutes per side.
- Remove breasts to a paper towel-lined plate and fry the other two chicken breasts.
- Place the cooked chicken breasts on a baking dish and cover each breast with 1/4 cup tomato sauce.
- Sprinkle shredded mozzarella cheese over each one.
- Place in a 400-degree oven for 8 to 10 minutes or long enough to melt the cheese and get the tomato sauce nice and hot.
- I add the hoagie rolls to the oven when there is about 5 minutes left to get them nice and toasty and crusty.
- Slice the hoagie rolls, add the chicken Parmesan breast and top with sliced jalapenos, if desired.
My Family loves this recipe! thanks for sharing
Wow! Both my sister and I thought these hoagie sandwiches were SO delicious. Thanks for the great recipe PookeyLumLum!
If you have this in hand and passed me by and I get a whiff...that means you're close enough for me to lick you. Good stuff!